ENACT's mission is to help New York City public school students learn social, emotional and behavioral skills through creative drama and drama therapy techniques. ENACT annually serves over 10,000 NYC public school students, staff and family members.
5 Great Reasons to Support ENACT this Holiday Season!
- "ENACT is very empowering and helpful to struggling students. I want ENACT to be in our school because it will help the struggling students to do well and encourage them to never give up on life or anything." ~An ENACT student from the High School of Hospitality Management
- "ENACT has been involved with supporting the social-emotional learning of students assigned to the Alternate Learning Centers (ALC's) since 2007 and on a recent visit to Choir Academy in Manhattan, I was once again awestruck at viewing the ENACT method in action.” ~ Anthony Orzo, Deputy to the CEO, Office of School and Youth Development.
- "A 2011 meta-analysis found that K-12 students who received social-emotional instruction scored an average of 11% higher on standardized achievement tests. A similar study found a nearly 20% decrease in violent or delinquent behavior." ~ From a recent article in The New York Times, entitled, “Can Emotional Intelligence Be Taught”
- "ENACT has long been an essential partner in the New York City Council’s goal to make schools more safe and inviting places to learn. I thank Diana Feldman and ENACT for their continued dedication to the children of New York City." ~ New York City Council Speaker Christine C. Quinn
- "Some students particularly valued ENACT because it motivated them to participate in school and helped them avoid some of the negative behavior of their peers." ~ From the 2010 independent evaluation of ENACT’s programming, sponsored by The Ford Foundation.
Spanning the Globe
ENACT Founder & President/CEO Diana Feldman spent this past Summer touring India, sharing her unique method of drama based Social Emotional Learning with educators and holding workshops for students across the country.
More on this and other news in the latest edition of The ENACTor, hot off the presses!
Actor and Comedian John Leguizamo tells ENACT kids why it's important to SHOW UP, and more about ENACT here:
Learn what ENACT's all about!
What Does ENACT Mean to Schools?